[Cin] Bug Tracking, again

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Tue Dec 4 20:55:11 CET 2018

Hi Andrea,

sorry for the delay. I was a little bit busy today.

Am 04.12.18 um 09:43 schrieb Andrea paz:
> Sorry, I still have a couple of questions about how to handle bug tracking.
> I wanted to ask for the following changes:
> a) Forum: you can change the title to insert, for example; [Solved].
> Another requirement is to insert a Logout button.

I hope I understood you correctly. Do you mean to log out of the forum,
i.e. log out as a user or the subject was closed?
For log out from the forum, I have activated this feature. Users can
also log out of the forum. As soon as you are logged in you will get the
possibility to log out again in the upper right corner.

> b) Bug Tracker: As mentioned by Pierre, make sure that every bug you
> enter automatically results in a notification in the mailing-list. Put
> a Legend for visual symbols used to describe bugs (orange dash; red
> arrow, etc.).

We will check it, if it possible to send a message to everyone if a new
bug or a new feature was reported. In this case, anyone can participate
in the discussion or provide other valuable information. Basically it
will be like a mailing list plus.

With the symbols I have to see how it works.

> c) Documentation: Also include a link to the manual-CV for basic operation.
>
> 1) Are they requested by Bug Tracker --> new features, or is the
> mailing list always better and, after any discussion, create the
> request in Bug Tracker? I don't want to clog the page with useless or
> even wrong requests (for my ignorance).

I agree with Andre Gronwald, it's better to use the bug tracker, for
bugs and feature requests. The mailing list is for common talk or other
topics, that doesn't fit in the bug tracker.

> 2) Is it better to make 3 separate requests for a), b) and c)? Or is
> it better to split even more, for example in the case of the forum
> (a), make two separate requests for [Solved] and for Logout?

Here is a summary:

Bug trucker: topics from users, and supporters developers to developers.
Bugs and feature requests
Forum: Topics by users for users. Questions about everything, tutorials,
how to use Cinelerra, etc..
Mailing list: All other topics that don't fit above. Users, supporters,
developers and admins and everyone else can talk about anything without
a fixed framework.

> I apologise again for the insistence, but I think that once these
> doubts have been resolved I should understand the best procedure to
> use.

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers.
You can ask as many questions as you want. Everything is new here and
therefore your question is absolutely justified.