[Cin] Cinelerra crash when loading DV files

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 19:24:10 CET 2018

Hi, Joe  -- thank you for reporting this awful crash.  We want to solve
this, but I can not create a crash with any of my small, ( Itried about
5),  {input}.dv files so I downloaded a sample "pond.dv" file (105MB)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/libdv/files/examples/examples/pond.dv
  /download?use_mirror=pilotfiber&download=

and that does not crash either and I started with an empty $HOME/.bcast5
file and Fedora O/S.
*Could you email me the small test file you use?  If we can create the
failure, we can fix it and you can avoid having to pre-process your files
in ffmpeg first.*  You can email the file if small directly to me
phylsmith2017 at gmail.com or upload it somewhere and let me know.  This will
help !!

1. Start Cinelerra GG official build on the Oct 31, 2018 10:50:41, OS: Suse
> 15.0
> 2. Menu: Settings/Format: choose preset PAL 576I - DV(D)
> 3. Menu: File/Load files (create new resources only) - choose an arbitrary
> DV file (eg. one with length of ~5 secs, 20MByte), click on OK

then immediate crash. If I start cinelerra from a console, I see following
> messages:

*** buffer overflow detected ***: cin terminated