[Cin] Proxy error (optimal settings)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:21:34 CEST 2019

I have added this information to the manual in the Proxy section for future
reference.  *BUT...*

On 08.04.19 21:53, Igor BEGHETTO wrote:
> > Hi Sam,
> > usually I use this proxy settings (for  source at 1080p):
> >     - Scale Factor: 1/4
> >     - Use Scaler: unchecked
> >     - File Format: FFMPEG - mpeg
> >     - Video Preset:
> >         - Compression: mpeg.mpeg
> >         - Bitrate: 1800000
> >         - Quality: -1
> >         - Pixels: yuv420p
> >
> > For some videos, with strange variable bit rate, made with a
> > smartphone I had problems, like you, with the settings above; then I
> > changed it to MOV and it works fine :
> >     - File Format: FFMPEG - mov
> >     - Video Preset:
> >         - Compression: mov.mov
> >         - Bitrate: 1800000
> >         - Quality: -1
> >         - Pixels: yuv420p
>
> -------------------------------------

> >> int ProxyRender::create_needed_proxies(int):
> >> Error making proxy.
> >>
> >>  Does anyone have a hint for me to also handle video files with 120
> >> FPS and higher.
>
> We can not reproduce the above error on a sample 120fps mp4 file when
using m2ts, but would like to see if it can be fixed.  The sample we used
is at:

    https://streamable.com/ot7nz

Does this sample fail for anyone else? Or is there a small sample that
fails for sure?  Perhaps other settings have been changed that create the
error? and I could try those?  gg/phyllis