[Cin] CinelerraGG_manual

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:06:28 CEST 2019

Andrea, I have at least fixed the following here locally (I can not believe
I left "??? ask bill" in there, but I really wanted to get the manual
available).

APPEARANCE TAB:
> - ffmpeg probe warns rebuild indexes
>
> *ffmpeg probe warns rebuild indexes –* this warning is very important for
switching from using ffmpeg to using native formats, such as in the case of
MPEG, so that you are reminded to “rebuild indexes”. If you do not rebuild
the indexes, seeking on the timeline back and forth could very well be
problematic, meaning it might not go to the right place. Notification about
rebuilding the indexes will appear by default as shown in the figure below
when you click on the FF icon in the main timeline in the upper right hand
corner. Once you click on “Don’t show this warning again” you will no
longer be warned and this flag will no longer be enabled.

I did not include the figure of the warning in this email though. MantisBT
issue #191 will have a little more to say about the FF button and its
history with the rebuild index importance some time today yet.

I will get more information on the other items from gg since they are
likely related to DVD creation and Television recording -- something that
most users are not interested in any more.  gg/pys