[Cin] Keeping older tarballs - inclusion in Solus' repo

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 20:16:21 CEST 2019

Jacek,

 But core team don't agree to do so, because you don't keep old tarballs.
> It might cause some problems when a rebuild is needed and maintainer wasn't
> able to update the package right when a new version was released, or a
> regression occurred. Could you please keep one previous tarball?

Thank you for considering to add Cinelerra-GG to the Solus repo.  Your
consideration is appreciated.

We have always kept the previous month's tarballs and packages in the "old
directory" for just one month.  For example, the current month which in
this case for March (until later today!!) is always in:

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/download/*tars*/
https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/download/pkgs/

The previous month's which in this case is February's build is always at:

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/download/*old_tars*/
https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/download/old_pkgs/

Perhaps the confusion is the date on these files - which differs because we
are in the United States but the server is in the European Union.  We
always build the new versions on the exact last day of each month unless we
have a problem or expect a problem.

*Your core team is absolutely following best practices by insisting to keep
old tarballs*.  If necessary we could probably keep an additional month but
we "grew up" in the days when disk space was at a premium and old habits
are hard to break.  Let us know.    GG/Phyllis