[Cin] MKV containers

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Sat Feb 9 11:39:05 CET 2019

What I know, to NLEs don't like great value GOP because the I-frame are
very distance.
I-frames (Intra frames) contains all the information of the image,
P-frames (Predicted frames) and B-frames (Bidirectional predicted
frames) not. Greater GOP value is, smaller file size is (it is good for
streaming and delivery); smaller GOP value is, greater file size is and
more I-frames there are and then it is good for editing video. With more
i-frames cpu consumes less because decode less information. For video
archive would be better GOP=1 (all i-frames)
Sorry, I guess, you always know that.

However, you have a i7 cpu with a lot of RAM, then your PC should
process your video very good, I think.
Have you tried to use Proxy with scale value to 1/2, just for testing?
If Proxy with "mpeg" you do, the GOP value is 12, then could be very
useful.
(I think, I am writing like Joda Jedi speak) ;-)

IgorBeg