[Cin] Playback Slows Down Immensly Durring Transitions

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:34:19 CET 2019

> even simple transitions like dissolve cause the framerate to go anywhere
> from 35-60 all the way down to a slideshow. Not sure why this is, but I'm
> using the latest build (as of Feb 27th on Arch).
>
> In my tests, even though I only have a few older versions, I did find it
working more as expected on an April 4, 2017 cinelerra-gg version. It is
odd because with a 30fps file, if I watch "Framerate achieved" in
Settings->Preferences, Playback A tab, the framerate stays pretty much at
30fps then goes down to 12fps during the transition and then up to 140fps
to catch back up -- not what you would expect to see.  GG will have to
investigate this further.  gg/phyllis