[Cin] ReframeRT, Interpolate Video

Xing Tu xtu360 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:51:14 CET 2019

>From what I gather, ReframeRT is a way of interpreting the source
footage and playing it back at a specified rate. The most common
example would be to have 60fps source footage in a 30fps project
(settings -> format -> frame rate) and setting it to play back at 1/2
the speed -- set ReframeRT to 0.5. This would result in smooth slow
motion as all the frames are played back, but there are 2 times the
number of frames in the source compared to rate they are being played
back at. It can also be used to correct footage.
If, however, you want to achieve smooth slow motion with 30fps source
footage, you can use Interpolate.
Interpolate I think makes up frames that don't exist, like "frame
blending" in premiere.
This video might be of some help, as it shows you the features in
action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvrfXOa8j0.