[Cin] Text presenting Cinelerra-GG, for wikipedia

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 00:21:52 CET 2019

For discussion about the wikipaedia article, GG and I both read it.  He
considers wikipaedia like an encyclopedia so the more factual, the better.

Cinelerra-GG is very attentive to the requests and suggestions of its
> users, in the same way all proposals for code improvement submitted by
> developers are enthusiastically received. The "mailing list"
> (https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin), the "bug tracker"
> (https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/my_view_page.php) and the
> "forum" (https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/forum/) allow for discussions and
> exchanges of information.

GG likes the above paragraph but wants to "dial back expectations" because
things change quickly and I don't think we need to include more URLs
because they are readily available once you get to the website.  Maybe
reword something like "significant number of changes on a monthly basis"
after "some discussion and exchanges of information".

The list of additional new features that Cinelerra-GG adds to those
> already present in other branches is now too long to list in this short
> presentation. Instead, see the following document, which compares in a
> table the characteristics and features of the different Cinelerra
> branches: (https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/differences.pdf).

Or something that include the differences document "illustrates differences
available for users to consider".