[Cin] Text presenting Cinelerra-GG, for wikipedia

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 03:23:46 CET 2019

This is Sam the modified version of my draft, I think it's as far as I
can go at the moment. If you have the opportunity, it may be better if
you take over here; you are better equipped than me to integrate the
logo and useful images on the Wikipedia page if necessary.

Pierre

Cinelerra-GG Infinity

A separate branch of Cinelerra and the result of a longstanding
programming work by W.P. Morrow (aka "goodguy"). Cinelerra-GG (CinGG)
has integrated the code of "Cinelerra-HV" from the beginning and its
development has taken place first with the site of "Cinelerra.Org", then
with that of "Cinelerra-CV", before continuing its growth in a distinct
way now through its own site (https://www.cinelerra-gg.org).

Cinelerra-GG is entirely free (GNU General Public License). It is the
result of a long process of merging the code of the different Cinelerra
branches and the additions available from many developers. It also
incorporates many original improvements (which have been and are still
very often initiated at the request of its users).

Cinelerra-GG is determined to get as close as possible to what can be
expected from a "professional" level video editing software (NLE) for
the Linux platform.

Users and developers interested in Cinelerra-GG have the opportunity to
make their difficulties, requests or proposals known through a bug
tracker, a mailing list and a forum, which allow discussions and
exchanges of information.

Cinelerra-GG has many unique features. They include support for recent
versions of Ffmpeg, "Ultra HD up to "8K", an interface for audio "LV2"
plugins (such as Calf Studio Gear), multi-camera editing, and the simple
use of "Proxy" to lighten the workload of a computer with insufficient
power, Smart Folders media filtering, a version with 10-bit color space,
Advance Trim, Live Preview of resources, Nested clips, Shared tracks,
rendering preconfiguration options for YouTube and the ability to save
workspace layouts.

The list of Cinelerra-GG features and characteristics is long. It is
possible to make an objective comparison between the different branches
of Cinelerra by using the table in the following document:
(https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/differences.pdf).

Cinelerra-GG does not fall within the scope of version numbering of
other Cinelerra branches. The term "Infinity" attached to its name
suggests that it is rather in perpetual development (Scrum model);
Cinelerra-GG updates identified internally by their release date, are
published monthly for a large number of Linux and FreeBSD distributions.
These rolling releases contain a significant number of changes.