[Cin] Aom AV1

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 14:58:04 CEST 2019

Andrea, thanks for the notify.

Looks like they've disabled multithreading. Is it important for CinGG?

> AOM is very slow, because I think that the version GG added was not
multi-threaded.  But maybe since then multi-threading was added to a newer
version and then removed?  Anyway, ffmpeg is supposedly adding Dav1d and it
is faster according to Andrew earlier email.  But it is not yet in a
released ffmpeg (I think it will be in the upcoming 4.2 version).   This
reply is mostly speculative and may not even be correct!  Phyllis