[Cin] CUDA

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 18:23:23 CEST 2019

Andrea:

> Someone who has a Nvidia not too old, can you tell me if Cuda brings
> benefits in CinGG? I have to choose a GPU and I'm still undecided.

The band of benefits is extremely narrow and only very specific -- this is
the information GG wanted to communicate.  I would not even take it into
consideration for Cinelerra at all.  The 2 example plugins N_body and
Mandelbrot appear to be the only beneficiaries at this time.  I think this
will be true in the near future also, that fluid dynamics, water movement,
and more scientific movement type things will be the only beneficiares --
such as the often quoted movement of a flock of birds flying in the wind.
gg/Phyllis