[Cin] [SemiOT] CUDA

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 14:45:24 CEST 2019

Andea

GG also wrote:
"1) upgrade the driver if your board supports newer nvidia builds".

When I wanted to explore the Cudas and nvenc issue with my Nvidia
GTX-750ti card I received the message that the Nvidia driver version
(384.130) provided by my Linux Mint 18.3 was too old. Even version 19.1
of Linux Mint is not recent enough (390.116). I hope that the release of
Linux Mint 19.2 (maybe next month), will bring the necessary version of
the Nvidia driver (390.25 or newer).

If so, I could consider replacing my Mint and reinstalling and
reconfiguring all my used software.

I think it is possible to update only the Nvidia driver on a version of
Mint that does not offer it but I prefer to wait for the version of Mint
that will include it.

Perhaps it is the same under your distribution.

Pierre