[Cin] Playback Slows Down Immensly Durring Transitions

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 19:49:19 CET 2019

*Andrew*, you will be interested in reading this!
*Andrea*, if you have time, can you confirm?
*Ben*, you will not believe this!?

even simple transitions like dissolve cause the framerate to go anywhere
> from 35-60 all the way down to a slideshow. Not sure why this is, but I'm
> using the latest build (as of Feb 27th on Arch).

> but when transitioning they all seem to slow down horribly.

It took at least 25 builds on GG's systems to reach the following
conclusion (luckily his computer is fast).
*  OPTIMIZATION levels are important !!*

The good news is that the slowdown in transitions was only affecting you
go-getters who do your own builds as a developer.  Most likely you were
using the following as suggested in the Features5 manual:
          CFLAGS=-ggdb make -j8 rebuild_all
Switch to:
          CFLAGS=”-O2 -ggdb” make -j8 rebuild_all
And modify -j8 to better reflect the number of CPUs + a little more on your
computer.  I will change the manual.

If this does NOT solve the problem on your computer, let use know and thank
you in advance.  gg/Phyllis