[Cin] Compile on Arch (only a curiosity)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 18:17:35 CET 2019

Andrea,  gg says:

You must have been building in the past with (and somehow this got dropped):
    --with-single-user
somewhere in your script.  If you look at bld.sh, you will see that line in
there and that is why that works.
The default is system build instead which requires root permission for
/usr/bin .
Solution: however you are doing the build, add the --with-single-user

----------- copy of bld.sh is below -----------------
#!/bin/bash
( ./autogen.sh
  ./configure --with-single-user --with-booby
  make && make install ) 2>&1 | tee log
mv Makefile Makefile.cfg
cp Makefile.devel Makefile