[Cin] Latest GIT checkin + ubuntu16 without-vaapi build

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 00:03:48 CEST 2019

IgorB:

Thanks GG/Phyllis, I tested very quickly in a fresh UbuntuStudio_16.04
> installation on a empty hard disk to simulate without internet (offline).
> Seems to me it works fine. Wow! YOU ARE GREAT.
> I had only one segv but without dump:
> ** segv at 0x7f9bd4107690 in pid 3425, tid 3425
> (cinelerra-5.1-ub16-without-vaapi-x86_64-static_20190509)
> no dump file has been created.
> Tomorrow (Friday), I can test it better, if you give me more time, please.

Yeah! I think GG is willing to make a monthly build just for this purpose;
kind of like the CinX build for OpenSuse.  But I do not know for sure yet.

> @Andrea_paz
> For the Clear buttons, have you try to run cin with:
> LANGUAGE="en_US:us" LANG="en_US.utf8" ./cin
> please?
> When I use the sister's notebook with UbuntuStudio_16.04 in Italian
> language I run Cinelerra-gg with that command. I don't know "LC_ALL=C"
> command.
>

> I can duplicate what Andrea has too.  GG is concerned about other locales
too not having that symbol available.  He has some ideas but I am not clear
on what he has yet.  gg/Phyllis