[Cin] New pkgs and tars for this month's release are ready

Спицын Андрей spitsyn.andrey at gmail.com
Sat May 11 13:53:57 CEST 2019

Hi,

Finally I updated my installation of Cin-GG on debian testing and debian 9 and encounter some problems.
In debian testing Cin failed to start with shared libraries error: libva.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
These packages are installed libvdpau1, libvdpau-dev, libvdpau-va-gl1,
libva2, libva-dev. And there no package containing libva.so.1 only libva.so.2(libva2) and libva.so(libva-dev).
The package libva1 removed in upcoming debian release in favor of libva2
due to library version change.

On debian 9 cin failed to install with folowing error:

root at deurmods:~# LANG=C apt install cin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
cin is already the newest version (1:5.1.20190430).
  libass5 libatomic1 libbdplus0 libbluray1 libebur128-1 libflite1 libopenal-data libopenal1 libopencv-core2.4v5
  libopencv-imgproc2.4v5 libpgm-5.2-0 libsodium18 libssh-gcrypt-4 libtbb2 libtwolame0 libwavpack1 libwebpmux2 libzmq5
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 109 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Setting up cin (1:5.1.20190430) ...
dpkg: error processing package cin (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 cin

I investigate more and find following error during post install routine:

sysctl: setting key "kernel.shmmax": Read-only file system
sysctl: setting key "kernel.shmmni": Read-only file system

I'm think that's happen because of lxc nature of my system.
To set these values I have to use a privileged container.
May be post install routine should check availability to set these
values and instead of error throw warning message to user, that these
values should be added manually.