[Cin] Observations using GPU on DNxHD and MPEG proxy while running CinelerraGG

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu May 16 00:28:40 CEST 2019

wild guess:

Try to enable/disable Vsync in ... driver's control application (I assume you use proprietary drivers with Nvidia GTX-750ti)
And also same in window manager settings.
Try to set CPU and GPU to maximum performance (I think I observed some unusually slow playback
when I tried to play av1 files with my libdav1d hack at just 1.8Ghz * 4 cores. Setting CPU to 2.6 Ghz fixed this!
In both cases CPU was not completely loaded, according to gkrellm I have in a corner)

Try to check how fast your PCI-E link.
(lspci -vv as root)

---------------
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G92 [GeForce 8800 GS] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 38
        Region 0: Memory at fc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Region 1: Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Region 3: Memory at fa000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32M]
        Region 5: I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
        Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
        Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
                Address: 00000000fee00000  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [78] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <4us
                        ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
                DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
                        RlxdOrd- ExtTag+ PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
                        MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
                DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <256ns, L1 <1us
                        ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
                LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 128 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk+
                        ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                LnkSta: Speed 5GT/s, Width x16, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis+
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-
                LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-, Selectable De-emphasis: -6dB
                         Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
                         Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB
        Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
                Caps:   LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
                Arb:    Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
                Ctrl:   ArbSelect=Fixed
        Capabilities: [128 v1] Power Budgeting <?>
        Capabilities: [600 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=024 <?>
        Kernel driver in use: nouveau
LnkSta: Speed 5GT/s, Width x16 - sounds like PCI-E 2.0

Check if VDPAU works for simple players - mpv, mplayer.