[Cin] Video background on CinGG website eats CPU ...

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 04:14:25 CET 2019

Hello, all!

Probably raining on everyone's parade just  hours after release is not very good idea - but I noticed my CPU usage while I have
cinelerra-gg.org open in Seamonkey version 2.49.5 was way too high.

I think very cool animation (webm) playing at the top of website eats my CPU :/

May be this artwork should have on/off switch? Or problem not notiecable in Chromium/new Firefox/other browsers?

Also, I think I found interesting page about web video and effects:

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/media/manipulating/live-effects

I wonder why Google's own (?) youtube not using this technique (or may be they not use it in old browsers?)
for video contrast/brightness controls in web-based media player ....