[Cin] magicyuv encoding/screen capture in cinGG

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 20:14:30 CEST 2019

CinGG can already open and edit files that are in Lagarith (as well as
in Huffyuv).

I have in the past, captured with VirtualDub (under Windows) video
sequences that I had encoded in Lagarith (YUY2 or YV12). Then edited in
CinGG and, finally, returned to Windows (rendered in raw_yuyv422.qt) to
be de-interlaced with the QTGMC script through Avisynth (under Windows).
Unfortunately under Linux, I know nothing as powerful as QTGMC (in
placebo mode) to de-interlace without artifacts resulting from old SD
sequences.

All this to say that CinGG already allows Lagarith 720x480 422 8bits YUV
interlaced sequences to be used very efficiently in editing.

Pierre