[Cin] utvideo options file

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 22:54:44 CET 2019

Andrew:

Ah, pix_fmt was not working....pixel_format=yuv420p was right choice ....
> still in some opt files I can see...cin_pix_fmt yuv420p
> so, what exactly I should use - pixel_format or cin_pix_fmt?
>
> Using cin_pix_fmt causes a preload of that format preferentially and puts
that into the textbox of the menu (so easy to see right away).  Originally,
quite some time ago, cin_pix_fmt was added for creating dvd media as there
was a problem.  That problem may still exist for some codecs so it
remains.  Also, by having that textbox with its pulldown, it is easy to see
"legal" pixel formats so we definitely want to have that around.
Using pixel_format is not placed in the text box, however it does take
affect.
We, too, noticed some mistakes in use of pix_fmt that I will fix as I have
time.

Thanks, gg/Phyllis