[Cin] Interesting info about EDL I found ....

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 21:24:03 CET 2019

While translating (attempting to translate few still untranslated things) CinGG
I found interesting note about EDL export. Intially I assumed it only works with
some long-obsoleted device/soft, but today I found this page (while looking at timecode feature):

https://eyeframeconverter.wordpress.com/mlt2edl/

MLT2EDL
NB. Since Shotcut version 16.06 this script is not needed anymore. Shotcut can export EDL files natively: https://www.shotcut.org/blog/new-release-1606/
Mlt2edl is a python script for converting Shotcut mlt files into ex. Blender (v. 2.72 beta or higher) friendly CMX 3600 EDL files. The converted EDL files will also work in Lightworks and Resolve. Mlt2edl is based on the Kdenparse python script by Will Riley.

Because CinGG (and original Cin) should be able to output exactly this EDL (???) format ... This mean she automatically compatible with "Lightworks and Resolve" and Blender, too??

Anyone can test this?