[Cin] ffmpeg - cuda

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:13:28 CEST 2020

Sorry, I (Phyllis) did not quite understand the question and it was late at
night so my brain was tired.

> My original question was: Can I pass some imput parameters to ffmpeg in
> render process? And I ask this again. Why? Becase ffmpeg -hwaccel cuvid
> can enconder x264 at 13,7x and without this parameter, just 2.5x. And at
> the moment, x264 is sufficient for me.

One way to get parameters passed to ffmpeg while rendering is using the
"Piping Video to a Command Line" (this was adapted from CV) and is
documented in Rendering chapter 6 of the manual (6.5.6 section).  I have
not re-tested that in awhile but there is no reason that it should not be
working.

The second way which might only work for certain parameters, is to click on
the Video wrench in the Render Menu and try to see if the parameter you
want to pass is available in either the "view" button which brings up
another menu and on the top right hand side is the button "Kind" which
defaults to "codec" but can be set to "ffmpeg".   And/Or click on the
"format" button which provides additional parameters -- these only sort of
work and probably not what you want.

A third way is just to write a Shell Command and use that via the "shell
cmds" button in the upper right hand corner of the timeline by the "Ffmpeg
use first/last button".

None of these are easy and you are a brave man to attempt them !!  Phyllis