[Cin] How do I crop a picture-in-picture?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Fri Apr 17 21:14:53 CEST 2020

Yup, that did it --- thanks very much. (Although I couldn't find any
'Adjust' menu option, and instead changed the format in Settings->Format.)
That also enables inverting the mask, by drawing a mask and then setting
the Fade option to a negative number, which is actually way easier than
using the Crop and Position plugin, so I'll use that. Without changing the
format setting Fade to a negative number just makes everything go black.

Why does the colour mode of the *project* affect cropping of one particular
video? This kind of cropping and masking occurs inside the compositor and
should be unrelated to the project setting, surely?