[Cin] Interlace driving me mad .....

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 06:58:01 CET 2020

В сообщении от Thursday 03 December 2020 02:24:44 Phyllis Smith via Cin написал(а):
> Andrew, probably eventually these print statements should be removed after
> the patch has had more use to ensure the aspect ratio and different
> interlacing of different varieties is known to being reported correctly.
> Otherwise it is hard to see errors instead.

sure, I just left them because I saw some files with real strange (display) aspect ratio...
will comment out soon

I was trying to understand why some interlaced files  still not detected as such, for example this

https://samples.ffmpeg.org/archive/video/mjpeg/
https://samples.ffmpeg.org/archive/video/mjpeg/avi%2Bmjpeg%2Bpcm_s16le%2B%2Bmjpeg-interlace.avi

mediainfo reports it correctly (I hope) but cinGG still not .....

I was looking into adding same reporting as in

https://sourceforge.net/p/mediainfo/feature-requests/484/
https://github.com/MediaArea/MediaInfoLib/commit/33776815ae717bfc2f52042f455bc230740f93e8

BUT apparently this file doesn't even have this 'vprp' header!

On image front I tried to load bmp and tif - they both worked.

I initially was fooled by how snapshots appeared correctly in media area, but as
I can see now they used native decoder, not ffmpeg's ....