[Cin] Source=ProRes; render=low quality

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:00:11 CEST 2020

В сообщении от Wednesday 17 June 2020 22:43:45 Andrea paz написал(а):
> Thanks, Andrew.
> I remember a post by Phyllis where she indicated that "scaling
> equation" only works for playback on the timeline and only for X11,
> not OpenGL.
> Anyway I tried to use it (X11 and OpenGL), as well as RGBA-FLOAT, 8
> and 10bit, increase bit rate, etc. But nothing works. Scaling always
> leads to bad results.
>
> I have a QHD screen, if I use OBS or SimpleScreenRecorder and tell
> them to go out with FullHD, the results are not good, everything is
> blurred. But they're not as bad as the resize inside of CinGG.
> I'm sure I'm wrong, because I'm ignoring something that's fundamental.

Are you seeing bad scaling at preview (in compositor) or in final render, when viewed with external player?
If you see bad scaling only  when Cin stopped at specific frame (not playing timeline) in compositor - try to uncheck
'Use direct x11 render' , for X11 video output method - i think it will lead to always-scaled output for compositor ....?