[Cin] Upd: Historical question about Broadcast2000

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:08:17 CET 2020

Actually, I compiled it for my (x86, 32bit userspace) machine!

https://imgur.com/a/DbKKFZr

Only bad thing it doesn't draw those nice video thumbnails ...

Input video was done  by CinelerraCV
(just set output to quicktime/MJPEG-a) :}

Actully, this pre-Cinelerra even renders :}

But not sure if ALSA interfaces remained stable ...
(currently it pretend to use OSS)

quick fun ....

objcopy -L dv_peek_vlc parse.o
(removing conflicting object from libquicktime/libdv/parse.o)
hint from https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-7560-start-0.html

set global configure to this state:
only part of configure shown

########################## COMPILER
EOF

if test -z "$CFLAGS"; then
        echo >> global_config "CFLAGS = -O2 -fpermissive -fomit-frame-pointer -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -march=i486 -I/usr/local/include"
fi

echo >> global_config "CFLAGS += -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"

########################## DEVICE DRIVERS
cat >> global_config << EOF
CFLAGS += -I.
CFLAGS += -DHAVE_OSS
### CFLAGS += -DHAVE_ESOUND
#CFLAGS += -DHAVE_ALSA
##CFLAGS += -DHAVE_FIREWIRE

---
basically added -fpermissive to CFLAGS, and disabled Esound/Fireware.
also disabled mmx, in quicktime's configure

in ipc.c in root directory

//#include <linux/linkage.h>

was commented out by me.

after make install and checkinstall I have my Slackware package :}

gcc 5.5.0 / glibc-2.23 / kernel 5.1 / X server 1.19.7 :}

most important thing - I got my
bcast-2000c-src-2001-01-22.tar.gz

from srpm, I think ....

Ah, no here it is, too
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/apps/

surprizingly enough, Console  look like small 4-item window,
so no free graphical routing for me :}