[Cin] OpenMP

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:18:21 CET 2020

Andrew:

I tried it with 'brightness' plugin in Broadcast2000 (yes, "my" toy editor)
> but for now it seems to make things only slower? See attach.

So surprised that Broadcast2000 still compiles with your work to get it to
do so.  GG has never seen it.

> Also, back to Cin topic, may be on 'big' cpu-count machines automatic
> local
> renderfarm setup will provide some better experience out-of-the-box?
>
> Making renderfarm setup automatic is a good idea but too hard.  A tutorial
on this would be nice to have though as opposed to the voluminous scattered
information in the manual.  Using the renderfarm even on a computer with 12
cpus is quite helpful for rendering. We will at least at a Tip of the Day
for it.