[Cin] Crash with OpenEDL

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 22:10:43 CEST 2020

OK, but I see "(gdb) q" where you typed q for quit.  Instead it should be
"(gdb) bt".  BUT gg has a better idea and after looking more closely after
the dump, he says it is failing in VIconThread because it can not draw the
vicon in the Resources window for some piece of video.  WHEN/IF you have
time, so the following instead using the same media.

1) start cinelerra
2) make sure "No Play" is set in the Resources Window (to the right of
Visibility)
3) load your media like you did in the 2 crashes
4) highlight the Media folder in the Resources Window
5) change "No Play" to "Mouse Over" in Resources
6) now mouse over one at a time, the video media in the Resources window to
see on which media it crashes

Thanks for your help in figuring this out as we can not reproduce the
problem here.  And I think that this problem has been previously reported
but with not enough information to correct it.    Phyllis/GG