[Cin] Sad news: Our developer Good Guy has passed away

edouard chalaron e.chalaron at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 00:00:11 CET 2020

What a tragedy. A very sad day indeed !
All my thoughts to Phyllis and family
Ed

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 8:57, Sam via Cin<cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:   It is with dismay and sadness that I have to announce this devastating
news that our highly esteemed developer W.P. Morrow aka Good Guy died in
a traffic accident last Monday at the age of 66. Bill, as he also called
in private, was as so often in his free time, out for sports riding his
bicycle when he was hit by a truck. He was taken to hospital, but
unfortunately he succumbed to his severe injuries.

This news is shocking and makes me speechless, although I find it
extremely difficult to find words due to my sadness, I would like to
remember him at this point.

A look back shows that, together with Phyllis, he has pushed this
project forward with great passion, dedication and commitment. His
ingenuity and creative solutions were always an enrichment for this
project. He was never too comfortable to tackle even small problems and
improvements to make the life of the users easier. You could tell that
he enjoyed programming a lot. He enjoyed improving Cinelerra-GG and
interacting with the community. He has acted selflessly and for the good
of all, and through his commitment to free and open software, he has
made this world a bit freer and better.

The gap he leaves behind is huge and filling it will be hard.

Thanks for everything dear Bill. It was a great honor and pleasure to
work with you. You will be remembered. We will miss you. Rest in peace.

I express my condolences to Phyllis, his family and friends.

Sam

P.S.: Phyllis has expressed the wish to resume work on the project at a
later date, currently she needs some time off, and to participate in the
documentation and correspondence as usual. I will continue to support
this project as before. The monthly releases cannot be offered in the
same way at the moment. Minor changes and improvements will take place
from time to time. We are open for new developers and hope for your
support.