[Cin] HDV formats patch

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:13:28 CET 2020

В сообщении от Sunday 15 November 2020 02:53:28 Terje J. Hanssen написал(а):

> Den 14.11.2020 22:56, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> > В сообщении от Saturday 14 November 2020 23:52:32 Terje J. Hanssen написал(а):

> >> Sorry, I try to understand what to do with the mentioned undo patch command
> >>
> >> cat patch.patch | patch -R -p1
> >>
> >> What I have saved are
> >>
> >> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1> ls -1 DEFAULT*
> >> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
> >> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch_old
> >>
> >> where the first one listed is the new patch, the latter is the renamed,
> >> already installed version
> >> (I did rename it to keep it without overwriting of the new patch with
> >> the same name and version)
> >>
> >> Before doing anything wrong, what should the undo command line be?
> >> Possibly I have to rename the new patch first,
> >> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch_new and keep the old as DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
> >> before running the undo command?
> > I think exact patch name is not important, as long as you remember old vs new.
> >
> > In my case I reverted patch like this
> >
> > guest at slax:/dev/shm/cinelerra$ cat ~/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch | patch -R -p1
> > patching file cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
> > guest at slax:/dev/shm/cinelerra$
> >
> > when I did it wrong (from wrong point in tree) it complained like this:
> >
> >   guest at slax:/dev/shm/cinelerra$ cat ~/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch | patch -R -p0
> > can't find file to patch at input line 5
> > Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> > The text leading up to this was:
> > --------------------------
> > |diff --git a/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h b/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
> > |index 61bd2165..b963decd 100644
> > |--- a/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
> > |+++ b/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
> > --------------------------
> > File to patch: ^C
> >
> > I ctrl-c (interrupted) it.
> >
> > with git you probbaly can say 'git clean -fdx' and then 'git reset --hard' but this will wipe out anything from your working tree (not in git index), so use with extreme  caution ....
> >
> >     https://git-scm.com/docs/git-clean/2.23.0
> >

> First I got the same complaint as above. Possibly I had moved the
> patches on level down to /src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1 after patching.
> Moved it up one level again and tried to undo the old and apply the new.
>
> This time undo and apply seemed to work, and configured again (...
> should I configure ?).

I think 'git apply -v' is more useful - it will tell you if it skipped patch (did this for me few times)

I also think you forgot 'make'. Depend on specific files you changed  'make' may rebuild them, or I was forced to do this in cinelerra:

guest at slax:/dev/shm/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra$ setarch i686 make clean && make -j 5

'setarch i686' because I build x86 program on system running x86_64 kernel, you can omit this.

You can run cin from there. I found it slightly easier for console-based editing to just 'mcedit file', rerun this 'make clean /make' route, and launch

../bin/cin

Of course I think multi-document editor (like kate from KDE) is better because you can have few files open at once, but it seems I slip back to old DOS habits often ....

> But after starting ./cin again, the Format Preset menu did still show
> uppercase "P".
>
> Could you possibly have a look in my attached file,
> Patching_term_output, in case there is something wrong?
>
> The initial commands were just to verify that the patch version names
> were correct according to content.
> (if "2" in DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch is version number, shouldn't the
> latter had version "3" ?)

Yes, it should, but I decided to just owerwrite old version - there was no  change in logic, hopefully, just cosmetics.

> Or is it possible to search for if the new patch really has applied
> changes in the source tree?

You can look into this file
cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h

with your favourite editor...