[Cin] Missing preset for SD 16:9 Anamorphic Wide DV(D)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:08:13 CET 2020

В сообщении от Tuesday 17 November 2020 00:49:44 Terje J. Hanssen via Cin написал(а):
> While HDV and FHD video can rendered for Blu-ray media, the widespread
> DVD can only playback SD video content.
>
> HDV camcorders can during tape playback 1440x1080 anamorphic HDV
> content, downconvert it to Widescreen Anamorphic 16:9 video.
> Is it possible to get a Preset for DV(D) wide 16:9 video?

I tried to cook up something - but I'm not sure if frame rate for PAL 16:9 progressive should be 25 or 50 ...

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/3N3y/2ZHx1JXEC

	{ N_("PAL 576i (16:9) - DV(D)"),	2, 2, 48000,	1, 1, 25,
		720,576,   16,9, ILACE_MODE_BOTTOM_FIRST, BC_YUVA8888 },
	{ N_("PAL 576p (16:9) - DV(D)"),	2, 2, 48000,	1, 1, 25,
		720,576,   16,9, ILACE_MODE_NOTINTERLACED, BC_YUVA8888 },

for now I settled on 25 ...

I tried to re-encode

http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/MPEG2/dothack2.mpg

with PAL 576i - 16:9 preset and it come out as

mplayer /dev/shm/test02.mpeg
MPlayer SVN-r38202-10.0.1 (C) 2000-2020 MPlayer Team
parse error at line 423
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing /dev/shm/test02.mpeg.
libavformat version 58.64.100 (internal)
libavformat file format detected.
[mpeg @ 0x574b7520]stream 1 : no PTS found at end of file, duration not set
[lavf] stream 0: video (mpeg2video), -vid 0
[lavf] stream 1: audio (mp2), -aid 0
VIDEO:  [MPG2]  720x576  0bpp  25.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 58.112.101 (internal)
Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
Load subtitles in /dev/shm/
Forced audio codec: mad
Opening audio decoder: [libmad] libmad mpeg audio decoder
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 384.0 kbit/25.00% (ratio: 48000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [mad] afm: libmad (libMAD MPEG layer 1-2-3)
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 720x576 => 1024x576 Planar YV12
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 720x576 => 1024x576 Planar YV12

 mediainfo /dev/shm/test02.mpeg
General
Complete name                            : /dev/shm/test02.mpeg
Format                                   : MPEG-PS
File size                                : 7.65 MiB
Duration                                 : 17 s 16 ms
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 3 771 kb/s

Video
ID                                       : 224 (0xE0)
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main at Main
Format settings, BVOP                    : No
Format settings, Matrix                  : Default
Format settings, GOP                     : N=12
Duration                                 : 17 s 0 ms
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 3 312 kb/s
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS
Standard                                 : PAL
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.319
Time code of first frame                 : 00:00:00:00
Time code source                         : Group of pictures header
GOP, Open/Closed                         : Open
GOP, Open/Closed of first frame          : Closed
Stream size                              : 6.71 MiB (88%)
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.601

Audio
ID                                       : 192 (0xC0)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Duration                                 : 17 s 16 ms
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 41.667 FPS (1152 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -10 ms
Stream size                              : 798 KiB (10%)

hm .... it says progressive : /

There already 16:9 encodig presets in Create DVD wizard (? window where you can select few options inluding telecine, etc. try alt-d in main window)