[Cin] Is the Waveform properly calibrated ?

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:42:52 CET 2020

Thank you for this discovery...

I had forgotten that discussion I had (5 years ago) with Igor Ubuntu
about this subject...

I am currently re-reading the many texts quoted in this document.

I had forgotten all this complexity and the multiple distinctions
between the IRE values that only concern analog video and the Waveform
monitor (VideoScope) of Cinelerra-GG which only calculates % of the
digital 0-255 scale.

It's not easy to understand that a YCbCr source image (16-235)
corresponds to 6.3-92% on the Waveform grid, especially since there are
no visual cues on the grid to indicate this and to show the video level
overruns that could cause problems depending on the destination of the
editing ...

Pierre