[Cin] [spam?] Re: Fast reverse playback crash in latest cinGG?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:38:08 CEST 2020

В сообщении от Monday 14 September 2020 07:52:07 Georgy Salnikov написал(а):
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin wrote:
>
> > Aw, no, sorry this time it crashed again (maybe having Seamonkey in
> > background makes this issue more visible)
>
> There may be two additional methods of hunting such sporadic
> bugs/weaknesses. Where some rare bugs might become exposed.
>
> 1) Try to run program on a very poor computer (a single core, few memory,
> economy graphic board, or may be even 32 bit platform).

I think I can do this!

I tried this file (720x400 , 25 fps, h264)

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4TUh/4SXe5ec1a

LANG=ru_RU.utf8 DRI_PRIME=1 taskset -c 0 cin

taskset set cin to use only 1st CPU core.

DRI_PRIME=1 set cin to use my second (faster) GPU

cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq at vger.kernel.org, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
  maximum transition latency: 4.0 us.
  hardware limits: 1.40 GHz - 3.80 GHz
  available frequency steps: 3.80 GHz, 3.40 GHz, 2.60 GHz, 1.80 GHz, 1.40 GHz
  available cpufreq governors: ondemand, userspace
  current policy: frequency should be within 1.40 GHz and 3.80 GHz.
                  The governor "userspace" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 1.40 GHz (asserted by call to hardware).
  cpufreq stats: 3.80 GHz:15,48%, 3.40 GHz:5,42%, 2.60 GHz:6,62%, 1.80 GHz:20,96%, 1.40 GHz:51,52%  (458934)

so, I set cpu frequency to lowest possible value.

Next I splice video in two, add 1v/2a tracks to proj, move second half under first, set play
from very beginning, add faders to both video tracks ...play/fast play back/forward, mouse jumps ...

After some time it _may_ crash. But unfortunately not now :(

I already use 32-bit userspace (including Cin) on top of x86_64 kernel.

> 2) Try to run on as powerful as possible one, on many cores, lots of memory,
> high end graphics.

Well, GG have 128 CPU machine, hopefully this one powerful enough for exposing high end bugs :}