[Cin] Sorry, updated mpeg4 profiles again

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:14:47 CEST 2020

В сообщении от Wednesday 16 September 2020 01:06:18 Phyllis Smith via Cin написал(а):
> Andrew,
> Your changes + the new Intra... will be checked in later today (or soon).
> I tested all of them and they all worked but you know more about it then we
> do.

Unfortunately, not much (just was looking at checkboxes in Avidemux settings and tried to upscale verysmall video - http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/MPEG1/ where difference  in file size was obvious.

I also tried to create two new profiles mpeg1.mpeg and mpeg2.mpeg with those recommended settings in them, and mpeg1_mp2.mpeg as audio file (so you can mux mpeg1 streams with sound) - but not sure how useful they can be?

I also tried to create h264 flv, but swftool failed to merge it into swf, and I don't know any other open-source tool for merging/wrapping flv into swf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Video
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45484607/how-to-properly-wrap-h264-into-flv-with-ffmpeg

Those two somewhat confusing, _I think_ flv muxer in ffmpeg can mux h264 in flv (for example for uploading to youtube/etc), but how useful this can be in real-life I don't know ....

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/EncodingForStreamingSites

---
Encoding a file for streaming
 If your computer is too slow to encode the file on-the-fly like the example above then you can re-encode it first:
$ ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v libx264 -preset medium -b:v 3000k -maxrate 3000k -bufsize 6000k \
-vf "scale=1280:-1,format=yuv420p" -g 50 -c:a aac -b:a 128k -ac 2 -ar 44100 file.flv

 Then stream copy it to the streaming service:
$ ffmpeg -re -i file.flv -c copy -f flv rtmp://live.twitch.tv/app/<stream key>
----