[Cin] [spam?] Error compiling .tex to pdf

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Sun Sep 20 19:23:24 CEST 2020

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020, Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin wrote:

> I installed texlive for Slackware and additional fonts (on another
> partition due to its size, mounted with -obind), and Kile 1.9.3 (KDE3 TeX
> editor).
> Now when I try to compile documentation I get:
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/mathdesign/mdsffont.def:0: Font shape declaration has incorrect series value `mc'.

Several minutes before I tex'ed the manual from git under Slackware64-14.1
and Texlive-2017 with pdflatex -- absolutely no problem!

I installed no additional fonts, but simply installed the complete Texlive.
It was not Texlive for Slackware, it was just plain Texlive-CD from CTAN.
And I do not know kile (emacs forever:).

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru