[Cin] Test rendering whit x265

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:31:47 CEST 2021

I have tried rendering in DNxHR_sq; ffv1 and VP9 and confirm that
there are no issues with dropped frames.

[Note (OT): if you remember my other tests with x265, the encoding fps
were around 25 fps (T about 85°C). Even with VP9 they are around 24
fps and in fact it is a compressed codec, LonGOP and interframe like
x265. Instead DNxHR and ffv1 are codecs studied just for editing and
their greater efficiency is evident. DNxHR rendered at 111 fps with
much lower temperatures (67°C) and with a CPU occupation of 20-30%.
Ffv1 rendered at 88 fps; CPU 40% and T 70°C (I'm not sure but it seems
to me that it also uses the GPU). The difference with compressed
codecs in terms of quality and efficiency is huge. Even on the
timeline they are much more efficient and playback is smoother. The
only disadvantage is that they produce files of 4.3 GB instead of a
few tens or hundreds of MB.]