[Cin] x265 3.5 update?

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 04:30:20 CEST 2021

Checked into GIT the multibit patch for x265 in subdirectory
cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty as x265_multibit_compile.patch (after modify 3.4
to 3.5 and quite a bit of testing too.  Because it takes so
loooooooooooooooong to compile and the number of users wanting 10 and 12
bit, it was added as a patch to be applied as wanted by the user.
Instructions of how to do this have been added to the manual.  I plan on
supplying a multibit AppImage version each time there is a new release at
the end of the month.  Manual update (Andrea please review as I did check
it into GIT, but it is quite terse):
*1.8 Multibit build for 8/10/12-bit Handling*
To build a version that can handle 8 bit, or 10 bit, or 12 bit videos, a
patch is provided in the thirdparty subdirectory that needs to be applied
to do so. Be aware
that the compile will take a substantial amount of extra time. To apply the
required patch:

cd location of your cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty
patch < x265_compile_multibit.patch
mv x265_3.5.patch* src/.

Render formats h265-10bit and h265-12bit have been provided and will be
operational after the applied patch is compiled in.

I tried to update x265 lib due to possible speedup reported at