[Cin] variable fast/slow playback speed hack

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 03:05:21 CEST 2021

After testing and checking the code as best as I could, I added Andrew's
0001-Add-hidden-fast-slow-playback-preference.patch (mostly) into GIT.  It
is a very creative and nice solution.  Additional testing by others would
be helpful.

you probably can safely git checkout this file back to original (current
> git) state.. I do not think Andrea's test showed any improvement in
> openability of resulting edl..

I left this out as recommended.

>> so i wondered if changing speed for fast/slow reverse and normal playback
>>> was possible..0001-Add-hidden-fast-slow-playback-preference.patch
>>>
>>> after few hours of hacking I made this patch.
>>>
>>> it makes fast/slow playback speed configurable in Cinelerra_rc via new
>>> stored variables:
>>>
>>  To test add the following lines to $HOME/.bcast5/Cinelerra_rc with the
value of speed that you want.
SLOW_SPEED .2
FAST_SPEED 4