[Cin] I wonder if old bug 967 still with us?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 23:36:29 CEST 2021

https://web.archive.org/web/20140213170701/http://bugs.cinelerra.org/ticket/967

Cinelerra version indicated in bugreport was 2.1.5, but there was no
resolution ('resolved/fixed' ), so I wonder if this bug still lurking
somewhere in CinGG and messing up some timelines...

====copypasta==
I create an imagelist and load it on the timeline.
Cinelerra plays it back correctly till the end where the bug appears:
after the last frame the last-but-one frame is added and played back.
When playing back frame by frame a blank frame is added and played back.
The bug depends on the framerate of the imagelist.
I attach a folder with images, lists and an XML project where lists with 5,
8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25 and 30 fps are tested:
5 -> Correct normal playback but 2 blank frames when played back frame by
frame.
8 -> Bug!
10 -> Bug!
12 -> Bug!
15 -> OK
20 -> OK
25 -> OK
30 -> OK
NB: 12 fps is the traditional framerate for animation.
I first noticed this bug in 2008, when editing my first quick pace
animation.
WORKAROUND:
Make your image sequence longer by copying 2-3 times the last image in your
image folder, giving appropriate names (keep the numering of the sequence).
Add them to your image list file in a text editor or recreate the imagelist
file. Reopen your XML project in Cinelerra. The playback should now be OK.

Change History
 Changed 2 years ago by raffa
cc raffaella.traniello@… added
Just preparing the attachment now I noticed the bug is present only with
720x576 images. Changing the images resolution to 640x480 or 375x300 makes
the imagelists to be played back correctly.
NOTE: 720x576 is the standard animation resolution when capturing from
MiniDV cameras via firewire framegrabbers.
The attachment is too big to be attached here (742.5 KB).
You can download it at
 http://g-raffa.eu/TestImageList.tar.gz
It contains a Cinelerra project with lists in different resolution and
framerates.

===

i saved tgz archive into archive.org, so it should be downloadable by
directly clicking on link from archived page...