[Cin] 32 bit Debian 11 problems

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:11:16 CET 2021

On Monday, December 6, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> FINALLY, there is a Debian 11.0 Bullseye 32-bit AppImage for testing at:
>    https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-
> 20211130-i386-newer_distros.AppImage
> It needs more testing probably.
>
> You can use apt-offline. Nice guide is here: https://thelinuxuser.
>> com/update-debian-offline/
>> But I didn't test it. Some years ago there was i386 full bd images
>> available and debian can be upgraded using them. Maybe they still available
>> using jigdo protocol.
>>
> *Andrey*, thanks for this tip which will come in handy in the future.  I
> did install apt-offline and then read the directions which were easy to
> understand but required an already installed Debian 32-bit that had
> internet access -- I did not have one easily available yet.
> *Andrew*, the problem must have been like you said, the sse3, because
> when I installed 32-bit Debian 11.0 on a different laptop, CinGG worked.
> How did we get this far using Cinelerra without realizing that the
> computers to use it had to have sse3 ??  This may be why some users try it
> and announce that it doesn't work.  It is kind of funny that I picked the
> only computer in the house that does not have sse3 to initially work on --
> I checked !

I think bug only bites on 32-bit distro AND non-ssse3 (tree s!) CPU. If you
have time you can double-check by booting 64-bit live cd on very same
machine and lauch CinGG appimage from this environment

*MatN*, thanks for patiently installing Debian on your computer and doing a