[Cin] HD dvd with dvdstyler

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 06:03:03 CET 2021

On Saturday, December 11, 2021, Terje J. Hanssen <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Den 10.12.2021 04:53, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin:
>
>> I send my findings with this link directly to Phyllis in Julu, but I
>> guess Terje may try this  method on his sources too
>>
>> ===========
>
> Well, thanks - this is also really new stuff for me, so I have to take it
> carefully from scratch this month ;)
> Before my delayed BD50-RE discs arrives later this month, I can possibly
> start learning using DVD-video/iso (DVD-5) and/or BDMV/udf structure (BD-5)
> on DVD+RW media, although the latter seemed not to be supported on my
> hardware UBD player.
>
> I have had dvdauthor installed the last 5 years, but I never really got
> started with using it
> https://lists.cinelerra-cv.org/pipermail/cinelerra/2016q2/004844.html
>
> ---------
>
> But at least now I have found and hopefylly got installed the DVDStyler
> gui frontend and dependices for dvdauthor on my Leap 15.3/15.4a and TW:
> https://software.opensuse.org/package/DVDStyler?search_term=dvdstyler
>
> Reading installed packages...
>
> S  | Name                 | Type    | Version           | Arch   |
> Repository
> ---+----------------------+---------+-------------------+---
> -----+----------------------------------
> i+ | DVDStyler            | package | 3.1.2-lp153.37.3  | x86_64 |
> home:plater
> i+ | DVDStyler-lang       | package | 3.1.2-lp153.37.3  | noarch |
> home:plater

latest version seems to be 3.2.1 - check changelog...

https://www.dvdstyler.org/en/news

DVDStyler 3.2.1 Released!
Published: 02 November 2021
Changes:

added support of font attribute 'underline' and "line-through"
win64: fixed audio normalize
DVDStyler 3.2 Released!
Published: 22 June 2021
Changes:

video properties: added possiblity to add video filters before pad/scale
filters
some improvements of PCM support (experemental)
added initial support of transparent highlighted colors
disabled format selection for mjpeg streams (preview images)
disabled "Copy" option for MP3 and PCM (because PCM need to be repacked to
big endian)
ignore mjpeg streams (preview images)
fixed creation of dvd with more than 100 hours
fixed generation of DVD if some video streams are omitted
fixed setting shadow if multiple objects are selected
fixed slow loading of project files
added some new buttons (thanks to ecodrv)
win32/win64: updated Manolito's VBR plug-in
win32/win64: updated ffmpeg to version 4.2.1

===
so, ping packager?

> i+ | dvd+rw-tools         | package | 7.1-1.26          | x86_64 | Main
> Repository
> i+ | dvdauthor            | package | 0.7.2-bp153.1.21  | x86_64 |
> openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP3
> i+ | dvdauthor            | package | 0.7.2-bp153.1.21  | x86_64 | Main
> Repository
> i  | dvdisaster           | package | 0.79.6-lp153.27.3 | x86_64 |
> home:plater
> i  | dvdisaster-docs      | package | 0.79.6-lp153.27.3 | noarch |
> home:plater
> i+ | libdvdcss2           | package | 1.4.2-lp153.2.1   | x86_64 | dvd
> i+ | libdvdnav4           | package | 6.1.0-bp153.1.21  | x86_64 |
> openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP3
> i+ | libdvdnav4           | package | 6.1.0-bp153.1.21  | x86_64 | Main
> Repository
> i+ | libdvdread4          | package | 6.0.0-1.16        | x86_64 | Main
> Repository
> i  | libdvdread8          | package | 6.1.2-lp153.46.2  | x86_64 | (System
> Packages)
> i+ | lsdvd                | package | 0.17-bp153.1.14   | x86_64 |
> openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP3
> i+ | lsdvd                | package | 0.17-bp153.1.14   | x86_64 | Main
> Repository
> i+ | openSUSE-release-dvd | package | 15.3-lp1532.157.1 | x86_64 |
> Hovedpakkebrønn for oppdateringer
>
> ---------------
>
> More addon documentation and references in this street:
>
> Several DVD and BD5 related guides:
> http://renomath.org/video/linux/
>
> Creating DVD Video with Linux:
> https://radagast.ca/linux/dvd_authoring/dvd_authoring.html