[Cin] CinGG AppImage

mat mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Tue Feb 23 21:13:40 CET 2021

I think it is a good idea too.

I have done some editing, and found no problems. But I am not a heavy
user.

Maybe in a separate section of the download page, and then maybe the
very first?
Keep the similar naming? Like

cinelerra-5.1-20201031.x86_64.AppImage

or using CinGG in honor of Bill:

CinGG-20201031.x86_64-older_distros.AppImage
CinGG-20201031.x86_64.newer_distros.AppImage

or something else. How many 32 bit distro users are there?

@Phyllis, if you can build from the 20201031 release code, then maybe
that should be the first one on there? So people can compare the
AppImage with the package-style release of the same vintage, and we
have a reference in case of things not working as they used to be.

Then because there will only be two versions ("older" and "newer")
there could be a few more "previous" ones than the 1 previous there is
now.

And it should be mentioned what the differences are between old and
new, and when you should use one or the other.

I have not tested cmd line parameter -r for batch rendering, not sure
if there are any other cmd line options I should test.

MatN