[Cin] Debate on batch render

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:26:34 CET 2021

I, on the other hand, am not in favor of removing this feature. Rafa
don't take it to heart, it's just my opinion.
I agree that in the other NLEs the Batch rendering is simple, i.e.
just associating the project with his render setup to a list.
In Cin it doesn't work like that, the rendering setup is done in the
Batch Rendering window and not in the project first. We can discuss if
it's better or worse, but this way leads to an additional possibility:
In the case of projects that derive from the same EDL and change only
effects or cuts or output codec. In short, in the cases that we want
to experiment with variations, we can do it from inside the Batch
Rendering without having to load projects, edit them, save them, reset
the render setup and put them back in the Batch queue.
Will no one ever use this feature? It doesn't matter, it's one more
possibility, which confirms CinGG as a different NLE from the others,
not for beginners and suitable only for a niche of users. I don't
think removing this feature makes CinGG suitable for people who don't
read the manual!
However, I agree that those big buttons in that position are
dangerous, but I am in favor of their modification as proposed by Igor
Vladimirsky, not their elimination.
I don't know, maybe it is better not to recommend CinGG to beginners.
Remember that the persons who tried to make Cinelerra more modern
understood that them had to make a completely new and different
program (Lumiera)!

PS: I also don't understand the logic of leaving "Save current EDL",
since it is also destructive.