[Cin] Debate on batch render

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 07:18:38 CET 2021

В сообщении от Wednesday 13 January 2021 08:18:34 Phyllis Smith via Cin написал(а):
> RafaMar,
> I apologize for using the wrong one -- working on 3 different issues today
> + a big personal problem came up.  Will wait to hear back from Andrew and
> Andrea to see if they are amenable to commenting out the code or prefer to
> use UNSAFE button workaround.

Oh, sorry for upcoming problem - hopefully it will be resolved ...

I think I prefer my version ( :} ) IF you can compile and make it work as expected.

You may want to double-check git apply actually applied patch, if you use this tool. Run it
with '-v' parameter, and use '-R' if you want to reverse applied patch

for me it works like this:

root at slax:/dev/shm/tmp/cinelerra-goodguy-20210112/cinelerra-5.1# LANG=C git apply -v /home/guest/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/disable_two_buttons_in_batchrender_gui-5.diff
/home/guest/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/disable_two_buttons_in_batchrender_gui-5.diff:18: trailing whitespace.

/home/guest/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/disable_two_buttons_in_batchrender_gui-5.diff:79: trailing whitespace.

/home/guest/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/disable_two_buttons_in_batchrender_gui-5.diff:121: trailing whitespace.

Checking patch cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/batchrender.C...
Applied patch cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/batchrender.C cleanly.
warning: 3 lines add whitespace errors.

I think checkbox in Preferences control ANOTHER warning about EDL from different versions of Cinelerra...
Probably some tooltips there will not hurt ... in
https://git.cinelerra-gg.org/git/?p=goodguy/cinelerra.git;a=blob;f=cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/appearanceprefs.C

strange, I can't see where  this version actually checked .....

I treied to load old Cin 5.1 project, and it shows warning about locally-encoded effect/plugin names
and show nothing on timeline, but I guess this is different warning ... need to dig into history ....

> Glad to hear you can compile yourself now -- it will be important as the
> GIT repository is updated so you can test early.  For example, you should
> now be able to see in the build you and the programmer did, the latest
> Spanish translations you provided.
>
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 9:20 PM Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\Linux via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

[skip]