[Cin] Batchrender update diff

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:02:08 CET 2021

Update on:

> "
>
> So for me "./cin -r" works and "cin -r" doesn't.

https://superuser.com/questions/156582/why-is-not-in-the-path-by-default

==
Q:

Why is . not in the path by default?

More than a security risk, having '.' in the PATH make almost impossible to make it sure that the execution of any command acts as intended. Think about running a command like 'zip' in a huge directory containing thousand of files with random names. The possibility that one of them is actually named 'zip' is not negligible and would lead to an error which is very difficult to understand (actually the file should be executable, which, however, might happen).
In particular this is true when writing scripts that keep the PATH variable of the user. A good written script should deal with all corner cases (like filenames with spaces in them or starting with '-'). But it is impractical to prevent a file in the current directory being executed instead of a system command...
====quote end====

In our case I often run ../bin/cin from inside 'cinelerra' folder in CinGG source tree or you can call it from root of this tree:

root at slax:/dev/shm/tmp/cinelerra-goodguy-20210119/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra# cd ../
root at slax:/dev/shm/tmp/cinelerra-goodguy-20210119/cinelerra-5.1# bin/cin
Cinelerra Infinity - built: Jan 20 2021 08:22:21
git://git.cinelerra-gg.org/goodguy/cinelerra.git
(c) 2006-2019 Heroine Virtual Ltd. by Adam Williams
2007-2020 mods for Cinelerra-GG by W.P.Morrow aka goodguy
Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.

RenderFarmClient::main_loop: client started
Session time: 0:00:08
Cpu time: user: 0:00:02.682 sys: 0:00:00.289

or from anywhere by just autocompleting long path (like with tons of TAB autocompletion :) )

guest at slax:~/.wine/drive_c/TournamentDemo/System$ /dev/shm/tmp/cinelerra-goodguy-20210119/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin
Cinelerra Infinity - built: Jan 20 2021 08:22:21
git://git.cinelerra-gg.org/goodguy/cinelerra.git
(c) 2006-2019 Heroine Virtual Ltd. by Adam Williams
2007-2020 mods for Cinelerra-GG by W.P.Morrow aka goodguy
Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.

RenderFarmClient::main_loop: client started
Session time: 0:00:08
Cpu time: user: 0:00:02.572 sys: 0:00:00.306

have fun and thanks for all your testing!