[Cin] Output video's do not have same color, brightness/contrast as sources

gorge rankin nonoobspam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 02:28:56 CEST 2021

Hello all,

I'm truly loving cin/gg as I've switched to it as my primary editor.

I do have one slight problem, which I can work around.  But I'm wondering
if I'm doing something wrong.

My output video's don't look *exactly* like my sources.  Even if I just
drop in a video to CinGG and render
it, the output is NOT the same as the input.

I have to do these filters to get my output video kind of 'close' to that
of my sources:
Brightness/contrast filter:
+.063 bright
+1.292 contrast
deselect boost luminance

My input video's are recordings from OBS.  I suppose I can just add more
brightness & contrast
inside of OBS and then they should come out of CinGG fine.  I'd like to
avoid adding filters to the render chain
of cinGG to save me encoding time if I can.

I have also completely removed my ~/.bcast folder and recreated my setup so
as to avoid any conflicts there.

Here is a 'mediainfo' output for a file that my OBS produces:
General

Format :

Matroska

Format version :

Version 4

File size :

5.81 MiB

Duration :

1 s 934 ms

Overall bit rate :

25.2 Mb/s

Writing application :

Lavf58.45.100

Writing library :

Lavf58.45.100

ErrorDetectionType :

Per level 1

Video

ID :

1

Format :

AVC

Format/Info :

Advanced Video Codec

Format profile :

High at L5.1

Format settings :

CABAC / 4 Ref Frames

Format settings, CABAC :

Yes

Format settings, Reference frames :

4 frames

Codec ID :

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Duration :

1 s 934 ms

Bit rate mode :

Constant

Bit rate :

25.0 Mb/s

Width :

2 560 pixels

Height :

1 440 pixels

Display aspect ratio :

16:9

Frame rate mode :

Constant

Frame rate :

60.000 FPS

Color space :

YUV

Chroma subsampling :

4:2:0

Bit depth :

8 bits

Scan type :

Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :

0.113

Stream size :

5.76 MiB (99%)

Default :

Yes

Forced :

No

Color range :

Limited

Color primaries :

BT.709

Transfer characteristics :

BT.709

Matrix coefficients :

BT.709

I'm using the latest CinGG app image on Ubuntu 21.04.  It works great BTW!
I am using RGBA-8 Bit for my cin-gg format.
I'm rendering from cingg to h264 as well.
I have the nvidia binary driver installed, version: 465.31
I also have the CudaSDK installed here as well.
The 'overlay' mode is 'normal' in CinGG for the video track
The 'fade' is at 100 in CinGG.

Thank you for all your hard work on CinGG !  I truly appreciate it!