[Cin] "color hell"

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 01:24:47 CEST 2021

Cursory test results - there is a difference between 601ntsc and 601pal but
not sure what it is.  My poor eyes do not see a difference but ydiff does
as in, for example:

84480 -47651 102207 1.209837  1684
84480 -48210 104558 1.237666  1685
84480 -49645 105447 1.248189  1686
84480 -49654 108066 1.279190  1687
84480 -49677 107739 1.275320  1688
84480 -52184 110310 1.305753  1689
84480 -49910 113198 1.339938  1690
84480 -47662 112548 1.332244  1691
84480 -48872 115812 1.370881  1692
84480 -48576 117170 1.386955  1693
84480 -50510 116738 1.381842  1694
84480 -1750 1766 0.020904  2706
84480 -1767 1795 0.021248  2707
84480 -1569 1593 0.018857  2708
84480 -516 516 0.006108  2709
84480 0 0 0.000000  2710
84480 0 0 0.000000  2711
84480 0 0 0.000000  2712
84480 0 0 0.000000  2713

-168860741 406941285

Manual says: "The ydiff output is debug data with lines that show frame
size in bytes,
sum of error, and sum of absolute value of error. The frames size is sort
of useless,
the sum of error shows frame gray point drift and the abs error is the
total linear
color error between the images. At the very end is the total gray point
drift and
total absolute error on the last line."