[Cin] "color hell"

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:47:41 CEST 2021

I made those commits into new series,  you probably want to rename this to
0009-*.patch... I do not think old 0008 patch will do any good -
GReen-BLue-REd planar float format is not something Cin easily can convert
for internal use (I saw similar comment in oiio sources... I am not good
enough for adding even simple format to ffmpeg/swscale.. even with already
written examples)

from

https://github.com/OpenImageIO/oiio/blob/master/src/ffmpeg.imageio/ffmpeginput.cpp

case AV_PIX_FMT_GBRPF32BE:
    case AV_PIX_FMT_GBRPF32LE:
        nchannels = 3;
        datatype = TypeFloat;
        m_dst_pix_format = AV_PIX_FMT_RGB48; // ? AV_PIX_FMT_GBRPF32
        // FIXME: They don't have a type for RGB float, only GBR float.
        // Yuck. Punt for now and save as uint16 RGB. If people care, we
        // can return and ask for GBR float and swap order.
        break;