[Cin] my rendering is really slow

gorge rankin nonoobspam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 19:26:51 CEST 2021

Sorry, just saw your note asking me to confirm if ffmpeg can do h264/nvenc:

cmd:~/cinelerra/thirdparty/ffmpeg-4.3$ ffmpeg -encoders
Encoders:
 V..... = Video
 A..... = Audio
 S..... = Subtitle
 .F.... = Frame-level multithreading
 ..S... = Slice-level multithreading
 ...X.. = Codec is experimental
 ....B. = Supports draw_horiz_band
 .....D = Supports direct rendering method 1

V..... libx264              libx264 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part
10 (codec h264)
 V..... libx264rgb           libx264 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part
10 RGB (codec h264)
 V..... h264_nvenc           NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder (codec h264)
 V..... h264_omx             OpenMAX IL H.264 video encoder (codec h264)
 V..... h264_qsv             H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
(Intel Quick Sync Video acceleration) (codec h264)
 V..... h264_v4l2m2m         V4L2 mem2mem H.264 encoder wrapper (codec h264)
 V..... h264_vaapi           H.264/AVC (VAAPI) (codec h264)
 V..... nvenc                NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder (codec h264)
 V..... nvenc_h264           NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder (codec h264)

So yes, it's built to handle it.  Also, since I'm encoing 1440p videos in
realtime in RGBA mode, it has to be working, myh computer is not that fast
LOL

Also in the nvidia control panel, and I can see this:
[image: image.png]
But the percentage will hit up to 30-50% many times.